Sergei Elagin was recently appointed as the deputy chairman of the management board of the Eurasian Development Bank (EDB).
Elagin, a member of the management board of EDB and the bank's director of treasury, was elected by decision of the bank's council. He started working at the bank in 2006, creating and heading the treasury.
Elagin earned a degree in aeronautics from Moscow State Aviation Institute and received his financial education at Moscow International Higher Business School, earning an MBA. He has working in financial markets since 1994 and served as the deputy director general and director general of the AlmazZoloto investment company from 1994 to 1997.
From 1997 to 2004, Elagin served as the head of securities and financial market operations departments, CFO and head of a branch in a number of Russian Banks before becoming the head of the liquidity regulation and market risk analysis department at the treasury of Nomos Bank from 2004 to 2006.
Elagin was appointed to the EBD management board by the bank's council in January 2010.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar