The Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) announced recently that it has held its annual "open door" day for journalists to mark the 139th anniversary of the Azerbaijani National Press.
Deputy Governor of the Central Bank Afdandil Babayev greeted the journalists and said the national press plays a critical role in the development of democratic values and civil society in the country.
He also outlined the policies and main activities of the central bank and said the media plays a key role in the public's understanding of monetary and banking policies.
Additionally, Babayev said the CBA's official website is constantly being updated, noting the new interactive questionnaire featured on the site.
The CBA is active in raising the public's financial awareness and to that end is implementing a major financial literacy project, Babayev said.
At the end of the event, journalists took a commemorative photograph and received gifts from the CBA.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders