The Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) announced recently that it has held its annual "open door" day for journalists to mark the 139th anniversary of the Azerbaijani National Press.
Deputy Governor of the Central Bank Afdandil Babayev greeted the journalists and said the national press plays a critical role in the development of democratic values and civil society in the country.
He also outlined the policies and main activities of the central bank and said the media plays a key role in the public's understanding of monetary and banking policies.
Additionally, Babayev said the CBA's official website is constantly being updated, noting the new interactive questionnaire featured on the site.
The CBA is active in raising the public's financial awareness and to that end is implementing a major financial literacy project, Babayev said.
At the end of the event, journalists took a commemorative photograph and received gifts from the CBA.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar