Several contracts worth approximately $700 million were signed recently at the international military hardware expo MILEX 2014 in Belarus, according to the chairman of the State Defense Industries Committee.
Sergei Gurulev, the chairman of the committee, told Belarus 1 TV that the contracts were signed by the defense industries committee and a number of defense companies, BelTA reports.
He said Belarus cooperates with 60 countries in the defense sector and exports 70 percent of its military products. Approximately 100 Belarusian companies export nearly 2,000 products to 300 Russian companies.
Gurulev also said Belarus and the United Aircraft Corp. of Russia are discussing Minsk's participation in aircraft manufacturing and are expected to develop a strategy by Sept. 1, according to BelTA.
This year marked the seventh MILEX military hardware expo in Belarus and was attended by approximately 80 domestic companies and educational institutions.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia