Several contracts worth approximately $700 million were signed recently at the international military hardware expo MILEX 2014 in Belarus, according to the chairman of the State Defense Industries Committee.
Sergei Gurulev, the chairman of the committee, told Belarus 1 TV that the contracts were signed by the defense industries committee and a number of defense companies, BelTA reports.
He said Belarus cooperates with 60 countries in the defense sector and exports 70 percent of its military products. Approximately 100 Belarusian companies export nearly 2,000 products to 300 Russian companies.
Gurulev also said Belarus and the United Aircraft Corp. of Russia are discussing Minsk's participation in aircraft manufacturing and are expected to develop a strategy by Sept. 1, according to BelTA.
This year marked the seventh MILEX military hardware expo in Belarus and was attended by approximately 80 domestic companies and educational institutions.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies