Several contracts worth approximately $700 million were signed recently at the international military hardware expo MILEX 2014 in Belarus, according to the chairman of the State Defense Industries Committee.
Sergei Gurulev, the chairman of the committee, told Belarus 1 TV that the contracts were signed by the defense industries committee and a number of defense companies, BelTA reports.
He said Belarus cooperates with 60 countries in the defense sector and exports 70 percent of its military products. Approximately 100 Belarusian companies export nearly 2,000 products to 300 Russian companies.
Gurulev also said Belarus and the United Aircraft Corp. of Russia are discussing Minsk's participation in aircraft manufacturing and are expected to develop a strategy by Sept. 1, according to BelTA.
This year marked the seventh MILEX military hardware expo in Belarus and was attended by approximately 80 domestic companies and educational institutions.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC