Moldovan Prime Minister Iurie Leanca recently discussed how the country could aid manufacturers in entering the European market during a trip to two factories in the Chisinau municipality.
Leanca, speaking to the heads of the Silver Bird poultry factory and the Rogob sausage and meat factory, was accompanied by Agriculture and Food Industry Minister Vasile Bumacov and Director General of the National Agency for Food Safety Ion Sula, according to a press release.
Entering the European market would allow producers to increase their incomes while modernizing the production process and contributing to overall improvement of products.
"The implementation of European standards means not only to ensure quality for the western consumer, but also for the Moldovan consumer," Leanca said. "The European Union has a huge sales market, with clear rules, and the trade rules do not change over the night. European Commissioner for Health and Consumer Policy Tonio Borg is to visit us in a week. This will be a decisive visit, within which we will be able to set certain prospects, so that the Moldovan eggs, meat and sausages access the European market, to a certain extent."
Silver Bird, which currently offers its products only to the local market and produces 65,000 eggs per day, is under restructuring and modernization measures to comply with European Union requirements.
Mikhail Scutaru, the head of Silver Bird, said the business could expand if it were allowed to report to the European Union market.
Rogob head Igor Rosca added that being added to the European market would allow his factory, one of the three biggest producers of meat and sausages in Moldova, greater ability to expand.
"The production process is at the highest level," Rosca said. "The European quality standards had been already observed, being implemented the most advanced technologies. The factory might bring higher profit, but the Moldovan market is too small."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar