More than 30 start-up projects will soon be financed by Azerbaijan's State Fund for ICT Development.
"The Supervisory Board of the State Fund for Development of Information Technology has picked up 31 start-up projects that will receive the grant funding," the fund said.
The projects, which have already been evaluated by expert groups based on criteria previously approved by the Superior Board, were evaluated between April and May. Approximately 194 projects were presented, with the board narrowing the number to 59.
A council held last week trimmed the total number of projects to 31, with the majority of projects focusing on high technology, e-payments, software applications, aviation navigation system, e-government and e-commerce, along with projects in education, health and other areas.
The maximum grant for a project is $380,000, which will be provided over a three-year period. Smaller grants range from $12,000 to $130,000, while mid-size grants range from $130,000 to $250,000.
Azerbaijan's State Fund was established as a means of developing and supporting small enterprises in the scientific and technical fields through investments, grants and credits.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies