Armenia's first Carrefour retail hypermarket is expected to open this autumn, according to French Ambassador to Armenia Henri Reynaud.
Reynaud, speaking at a press conference last week, said he recently met with French entrepreneurs interested in doing business in Armenia. A preliminary agreement was signed in May between Yerevan Mall and Carrefour, with Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan and French President Francois Hollande present for the signing, ARKA reports.
The Armenian Carrefour hypermarket in the Yerevan Mall territory will total more than 710,000 square feet of space built to Carrefour standards.
The French retail trade company Carrefour, operated by Carrefour SA, is the world's second largest chain of hypermarket after Wal-Mart, according to ARKA.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders