Alex Kremer was named the new World Bank Country Manager for Moldova last week.
"The World Bank enjoys a fruitful and comprehensive partnership with the Republic of Moldova," World Bank Country Director for Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine Qimiao Fan said. "Mr. Kremer brings a wide range of development experience and expertise to this position and we look forward to strengthening and deepening this partnership with the country during Mr. Kremer's tenure as World Bank Country Manager for Moldova."
Kremer will begin serving in his new position in Chisinau on Aug. 1. He previously served as the World Bank's country manager in the Kyrgyz Republic from 2010 to 2014 and as the senior sector economist in the Middle East and North Africa region of the bank.
Kremer published several works of research on agriculture, the impact of the 2006 war in Lebanon, energy efficiency and lagging regions, serving as the lead author for "Poor places, Thriving People: How the Middle East and North Africa Can Overcome Spatial Disparities" in 2010.
Prior to joining the World Bank, Kremer worked for the U.K. Department for International Development in India as a national program manager.
More than $1 billion has been allocated to 49 projects in Moldova since it joined the World Bank in 1992. The World Bank's portfolio currently includes eight active projects with a total commitment of $189.9 million.
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia