America and Azerbaijan will continue to work together to secure Azerbaijan's security, progress and democratic development, U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar recently announced.
"I am very proud that I have been working as a diplomat in Azerbaijan for the past two years," Morningstar said while speaking at an event dedicated to American Independence Day.
Armenian Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov also attended the event, conveying greetings from Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan.
"Azerbaijan attaches a great importance to cooperation with the United States," Sharifov said, while highlighting cooperation between the two nations on such issues as energy security, the fight against international terrorism and participation in joint peacekeeping operations, which he said have all had a positive impact on the the relationship between the countries as a while.
Turnover between the two countries reached $1.4 billion last years, Sharifov said, and U.S. companies are involved in major Azerbaijani projects.
"Azerbaijan is working closely with Europe and the United States in the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor, which corresponds our interests," Sharifov said. "Azerbaijan has high hopes for the United States as the co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group on the issue of an equitable settlement of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within the framework of international law."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar