Azerbaijan's Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park is set to host up to 40 enterprises, leading to the creation of as many as 10,000 new jobs.
Two companies, SOCAR-Polimar and Azertechnolayn, have already registered in the park, which is divided into an administrative and social zone and an industrial zone, AzerNews reports.
Companies operating in the park are exempt from income, land and property taxes for seven years, while equipment and technology used in the park are exempt from value-added tax.
The park was established by presidential decree in 2011 as an area with the requisite infrastructure logistics and management structure for technological development, as well as research in areas such as energy, space and telecommunications, and information technology, according to AzerNews.
It is currently the only industrial park in Azerbaijan, while three high tech parks are under construction.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar