Azerbaijan's Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park is set to host up to 40 enterprises, leading to the creation of as many as 10,000 new jobs.
Two companies, SOCAR-Polimar and Azertechnolayn, have already registered in the park, which is divided into an administrative and social zone and an industrial zone, AzerNews reports.
Companies operating in the park are exempt from income, land and property taxes for seven years, while equipment and technology used in the park are exempt from value-added tax.
The park was established by presidential decree in 2011 as an area with the requisite infrastructure logistics and management structure for technological development, as well as research in areas such as energy, space and telecommunications, and information technology, according to AzerNews.
It is currently the only industrial park in Azerbaijan, while three high tech parks are under construction.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Meets Prime Minister of Malaysia, Reaffirms Support
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshininbank's Noyemberyan branch was re-opened
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: Information on currency auction
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank's customer service space was opened at Mestia Justice House
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Fiji Confirm Partnership to Build Resilience Against Floods
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: "AtaBank" OJSC has started this campaign "Visa VISA, VİSA Al" earlier this year
- ACBA- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: 60th branch of ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE Bank launched
- BANK OF GEORGIA: For the first time in the Caucasus region, the Bank of Georgia's Visa card holders will make payments through Garmin hours
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch