Tourism in Armenia is surging, and the number of foreign tourists expected to visit the country is set to reach one million this year.
The number of tourists visiting Armenia is growing from year to year," Marina Kpryan of the Association of Armenian Tour Operators said, ARKA reports. "Last year we had about 800,000 foreign visitors and we expect this number to increase to one million people soon."
She said there has been a rise in tourists from countries such as Germany, Austria, France, Italy, the U.K., Switzerland, Sweden, Spain and Israel. European tourists spend an average of one week in Armenia, with the average cost of a seven-day tour being approximately $1,370.
The number of tourists visiting the country from January through March increased by 20.5 percent over the same period in 2013 to 154,471 people, according to ARKA.
At the same time, the number of Armenian tourists visiting foreign countries in the same period increased by 18.2 percent to 162,073 people.
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia