Ukraine is poised to sign a gas agreement with Russia based on proposals made by the European Commission during negotiations in Kiev.
The commission proposed a repayment scheme in which Ukraine would pay Russian gas giant Gazprom $1 billion, settling the rest in six payments over the rest of the year, News.az reports.
The commission also recommended that the price be adjusted according to seasonal demand, meaning $300 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas during the summer and $385 during the winter.
Ukraine is continuing to consult with the commission and anticipates that the next meeting on a gas deal will occur later this week, according to News.az.
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak has said the talks could move forward only after Ukraine repays its outstanding debt for gas.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies