Ukraine is poised to sign a gas agreement with Russia based on proposals made by the European Commission during negotiations in Kiev.
The commission proposed a repayment scheme in which Ukraine would pay Russian gas giant Gazprom $1 billion, settling the rest in six payments over the rest of the year, News.az reports.
The commission also recommended that the price be adjusted according to seasonal demand, meaning $300 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas during the summer and $385 during the winter.
Ukraine is continuing to consult with the commission and anticipates that the next meeting on a gas deal will occur later this week, according to News.az.
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak has said the talks could move forward only after Ukraine repays its outstanding debt for gas.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC