Vladimir Tsumarev, the mayor of the Belarusian city of Mogilev, and the mayor of the South Korean city of Pocheon, Seo Jan Won, signed a memorandum of cooperation in Belarus last week, signaling potential investments in sports arenas and attractions.
Members of the Korean delegation accompanying Jan Won suggested investment in the construction of a water park and a football arena. Tsumarev expressed interest in Korean foreign direct investment in the construction of housing and the modernization of industrial enterprises.
"There are no spheres of cooperation of no interest for us," Jan Won said. "However, at present we are most attracted by cultural and educational exchange. Still after examining the economic potential of your city we will work out ways of interaction in the sphere of investment, too."
The two sides began cooperating in August 2004, when Korean delegates first visited Mogilev.
The following year, another Korean delegation arrived to familiarize themselves with the city's industrial potential and take part in negotiations on further cooperation in a number of areas.
That visit resulted in the signing of the protocol of intent to promote friendly ties between the two cities.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso