The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) hosted a roundtable last week on opportunities in the foreign exchange market for members of the Eurasian Economic Space in the Kazakh city of Almaty.
Participants, including representatives of leading Kazakh banks, the Moscow Exchange and EDB researchers, discussed the creation of an integrated foreign exchange market for member states.
"The search for arguments for the integration of financial markets is in the past," Ella Baibikova, the head of the EDB research department, said. "An integrated financial market of the EES countries will make it possible to raise financial resources to support businesses and ensure a balanced position in competition with developed global and regional financial centers."
The roundtable was held as the Moscow Exchange expands access for Eurasian banks to its foreign exchange auctions. The exchange also granted a trader certificate to Kazakhstan's first participant--AsiaCreditBank.
Established in December 2011, the Moscow Exchange is the largest exchange in Russia and Eastern Europe.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business