The fifth Azerbaijan International Insurance Forum, organized by the Azerbaijan Insurers Association and supported by the country's Ministry of Finance, was held in Baku earlier this month.
More than 250 representatives of domestic and international companies attended the discussions on opportunities for cooperation in the global, regional and local insurance markets.
"Since the insurance sector increased by six times in the past eight years, this sector reached $543 million, increasing by more than two times during the most recent years," Azerbaijani Minister of Finance Samir Sharifov said.
Sharifov also said that the share of average insurance payments in GDP has increased from 0.41 percent to 0.71 percent, the total capital of insurance companies has reached $463 million--increasing by nearly nine times--and the net income of the insurance market has meanwhile reached $84 million.
Among the participants were insurance and reinsurance experts from the UK, Germany, Belgium, France, Austria, Romania, Turkey and Russia.
Topics covered ranged from perspectives of the regional insurance market and new business directions to reinsurance solutions for insurance markets in the region, medical insurance, life insurance, car insurance and risk management.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC