The National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) will develop the country's strategy for economic development until 2013 as part of a proposal approved by President Alexander Lukashenko.
The president accepted the NASB's proposal to do so during a meeting with the NASB Chairman Vladimir Gusakov on Monday, BelTA reports.
Lukashenko discussed several issues involving NASB, including projects to promote economic and military security and procedures for the election of its members.
"Everything should be fair and in compliance with the law, so that scientists will have nothing to blame us for," Lukashenko said, according to BelTA.
Gusakov told reporters after the meeting that he gave the president a progress report on the NASB's implementation of instructions he delivered during his visit to the academy in March.
"The National Academy of Sciences has come up with and is implementing a set of measures to optimize the organizational structure, carry out rotation, bring young blood into the team, increase salaries and, most importantly, to integrate the NASB into the domestic economy," Lukashenko said, BelTA reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar