The National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB) will develop the country's strategy for economic development until 2013 as part of a proposal approved by President Alexander Lukashenko.
The president accepted the NASB's proposal to do so during a meeting with the NASB Chairman Vladimir Gusakov on Monday, BelTA reports.
Lukashenko discussed several issues involving NASB, including projects to promote economic and military security and procedures for the election of its members.
"Everything should be fair and in compliance with the law, so that scientists will have nothing to blame us for," Lukashenko said, according to BelTA.
Gusakov told reporters after the meeting that he gave the president a progress report on the NASB's implementation of instructions he delivered during his visit to the academy in March.
"The National Academy of Sciences has come up with and is implementing a set of measures to optimize the organizational structure, carry out rotation, bring young blood into the team, increase salaries and, most importantly, to integrate the NASB into the domestic economy," Lukashenko said, BelTA reports.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC