Russia extended a welcome to Azerbaijani banks on Tuesday at the fifth annual Azerbaijani-Russian forum on opportunities for growth in Gabala.
"We are waiting for Azerbaijani banks in Russia and are ready to provide full support, including from the Bank of Russia," Dmitry Savelyev, the deputy chairman of the Russian Duma, said, News.az reports.
There are currently two Azerbaijani banks in Russia-IBA-Moscow and Muganbank. IBA-Moscow is a subsidiary of the International Bank of Azerbaijan, the biggest bank in both the country and the South Caucasus, with $8.7 billion in assets.
Savelyev also said Russia is interested in expanding the presence of its banks in Azerbaijan. Two Russian banks--VTB Bank and Nikoil--currently operate in Azerbaijan, according to News.az.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar