A recent report from the World Bank showed Azerbaijan has entered the ranks of middle-income countries.
The World Bank released a report on Azerbaijan during a meeting between Senior Economist Mona Prasad and the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences on Friday, News.az reports.
Prasad said Azerbaijan has entered into the ranks of the middle-income countries due to the contribution of oil production to the country's gross domestic product.
The World Bank's analysis was part of a project covering all European and Central Asia countries, both rich and non-rich in natural resources, according to News.az.
Prasad said Azerbaijan's development strategy signed by President Ilham Aliyev, is critical for the development of human capital through high quality health and education services for all economic and social groups.
Prasad also addressed some of the problems Azerbaijan faces going forward, News.az reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar