Kazakhstan's Foreign Minister Erlan Idrissov met with Tajikistan's Foreign Minister Sirodjidin Aslov last week during the latter's first official visit to to the country.
The two sides discussed bilateral relations between their countries as well as the key issues related to regional and international cooperation. Idrissov said Tajikistan is one of Kazakhstan's most important economic and political partners in Central Asia, adding that the two countries need to strengthen their ties in a number of areas, including mining, nonferrous metallurgy, machinery, power, light industry, transport, communications and agriculture, Tengri News reports.
The two ministers also discussed cooperation in the water and energy sectors. Idrissov said cooperation in energy is only possible if the two nations work towards the benefit of mutual interests.
"We will seek to promote the integrated relations in our region," Idrissov said, according to Tengri News. "Central Asia has always been a special priority of our foreign policy and our efforts will be focused on development of these relations."
Idrissov also praised Tajikistan's chairmanship of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and wished his success in leading the Council of Foreign Ministers of the SCO meeting in July and the SCO summit in September, where the presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are set to meet.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar