Kazakhstan's Foreign Minister Erlan Idrissov met with Tajikistan's Foreign Minister Sirodjidin Aslov last week during the latter's first official visit to to the country.
The two sides discussed bilateral relations between their countries as well as the key issues related to regional and international cooperation. Idrissov said Tajikistan is one of Kazakhstan's most important economic and political partners in Central Asia, adding that the two countries need to strengthen their ties in a number of areas, including mining, nonferrous metallurgy, machinery, power, light industry, transport, communications and agriculture, Tengri News reports.
The two ministers also discussed cooperation in the water and energy sectors. Idrissov said cooperation in energy is only possible if the two nations work towards the benefit of mutual interests.
"We will seek to promote the integrated relations in our region," Idrissov said, according to Tengri News. "Central Asia has always been a special priority of our foreign policy and our efforts will be focused on development of these relations."
Idrissov also praised Tajikistan's chairmanship of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and wished his success in leading the Council of Foreign Ministers of the SCO meeting in July and the SCO summit in September, where the presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are set to meet.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC