Kazakhstan's Foreign Minister Erlan Idrissov met with Tajikistan's Foreign Minister Sirodjidin Aslov last week during the latter's first official visit to to the country.
The two sides discussed bilateral relations between their countries as well as the key issues related to regional and international cooperation. Idrissov said Tajikistan is one of Kazakhstan's most important economic and political partners in Central Asia, adding that the two countries need to strengthen their ties in a number of areas, including mining, nonferrous metallurgy, machinery, power, light industry, transport, communications and agriculture, Tengri News reports.
The two ministers also discussed cooperation in the water and energy sectors. Idrissov said cooperation in energy is only possible if the two nations work towards the benefit of mutual interests.
"We will seek to promote the integrated relations in our region," Idrissov said, according to Tengri News. "Central Asia has always been a special priority of our foreign policy and our efforts will be focused on development of these relations."
Idrissov also praised Tajikistan's chairmanship of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and wished his success in leading the Council of Foreign Ministers of the SCO meeting in July and the SCO summit in September, where the presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are set to meet.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies