An annual poll carried out by the Representation of the German Economy in Belarus ranked political stability as the top quality of the business climate in Belarus in 2014, according to results released on Wednesday.
Political stability rose up from its eighth position in the 2013 poll. Overall, more than half of those polled viewed the country as having a satisfactory economic situation--another increase from the previously recorded 47 percent, BelTA reports.
Businesses also valued infrastructure, personnel qualifications and the quality of education as highly desired traits of a business climate.
The limited burden of taxes was previously seen as the 12th most attractive factor in 2013. This year, it rose to position five, according to BelTA.
Foreign trade instruments and access to credit resources were the least desirable factors, according to the rankings.
"Belarus as an island of stability looks contrastingly positive against the overall regional background," the Representation of the German Economy in Belarus said, BelTA reports. "The country has managed to keep neutrality in relations with neighbors-Eastern Slavonic countries-and has greatly improved its position by moving from the 19th position to the 10th."
Forty-two companies in Belarus were polled, 95 percent of which were small and medium-sized businesses.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar