An annual poll carried out by the Representation of the German Economy in Belarus ranked political stability as the top quality of the business climate in Belarus in 2014, according to results released on Wednesday.
Political stability rose up from its eighth position in the 2013 poll. Overall, more than half of those polled viewed the country as having a satisfactory economic situation--another increase from the previously recorded 47 percent, BelTA reports.
Businesses also valued infrastructure, personnel qualifications and the quality of education as highly desired traits of a business climate.
The limited burden of taxes was previously seen as the 12th most attractive factor in 2013. This year, it rose to position five, according to BelTA.
Foreign trade instruments and access to credit resources were the least desirable factors, according to the rankings.
"Belarus as an island of stability looks contrastingly positive against the overall regional background," the Representation of the German Economy in Belarus said, BelTA reports. "The country has managed to keep neutrality in relations with neighbors-Eastern Slavonic countries-and has greatly improved its position by moving from the 19th position to the 10th."
Forty-two companies in Belarus were polled, 95 percent of which were small and medium-sized businesses.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC