According to government officials, Azerbaijani banks have shown little interest thus far in issuing plastic cards for the recipients of targeted social assistance (TSA) programs.
"Therefore, the tender for the replacement card of through which social assistance is provided, had to be postponed," Minister of Labor and Social Protection Salim Muslimov said, Trend News Agency reports. "Also, I would like to note that the replacement of the card will be made in any case, regardless of the level of interest and the number of interested banks."
Currently, only the International Bank of Azerbaijan and Kapital Bank, which also produces pension cards, issue social assistance cards. The decision to issue plastic cards for people on TSA was made to eliminate any adverse effects related to the payment of assistance.
There are currently 5.9 million plastic cards in circulation in Azerbaijan, up 4.3 percent from the beginning of the year, according to Trend News Agency.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies