According to government officials, Azerbaijani banks have shown little interest thus far in issuing plastic cards for the recipients of targeted social assistance (TSA) programs.
"Therefore, the tender for the replacement card of through which social assistance is provided, had to be postponed," Minister of Labor and Social Protection Salim Muslimov said, Trend News Agency reports. "Also, I would like to note that the replacement of the card will be made in any case, regardless of the level of interest and the number of interested banks."
Currently, only the International Bank of Azerbaijan and Kapital Bank, which also produces pension cards, issue social assistance cards. The decision to issue plastic cards for people on TSA was made to eliminate any adverse effects related to the payment of assistance.
There are currently 5.9 million plastic cards in circulation in Azerbaijan, up 4.3 percent from the beginning of the year, according to Trend News Agency.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC