According to government officials, Azerbaijani banks have shown little interest thus far in issuing plastic cards for the recipients of targeted social assistance (TSA) programs.
"Therefore, the tender for the replacement card of through which social assistance is provided, had to be postponed," Minister of Labor and Social Protection Salim Muslimov said, Trend News Agency reports. "Also, I would like to note that the replacement of the card will be made in any case, regardless of the level of interest and the number of interested banks."
Currently, only the International Bank of Azerbaijan and Kapital Bank, which also produces pension cards, issue social assistance cards. The decision to issue plastic cards for people on TSA was made to eliminate any adverse effects related to the payment of assistance.
There are currently 5.9 million plastic cards in circulation in Azerbaijan, up 4.3 percent from the beginning of the year, according to Trend News Agency.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar