U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin spoke at the hearings on Azerbaijan that were recently conducted at the U.S. Helsinki Commission.
Cardin said that the U.S. considers Azerbaijan a friend and partner in the region, News.az reports.
Cardin also said that the United States cares deeply about Azerbaijan's development.
"The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is a serious obstacle to regional stability, security and prosperity, and certainly is an issue where we want to see progress because the status quo is not sustainable," Cardin said, News.az reports.
Cardin expressed hope for a stable and prosperous Azerbaijan, while also applauding the country for siding with the U.S. in the UN Security Council vote on supporting Ukraine's territorial integrity.
Cardin has been the junior U.S. senator from Maryland since 2007. He began his career in the Maryland House of Delegates where he became one of the youngest Speakers of the House in the state's history.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC