U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin spoke at the hearings on Azerbaijan that were recently conducted at the U.S. Helsinki Commission.
Cardin said that the U.S. considers Azerbaijan a friend and partner in the region, News.az reports.
Cardin also said that the United States cares deeply about Azerbaijan's development.
"The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is a serious obstacle to regional stability, security and prosperity, and certainly is an issue where we want to see progress because the status quo is not sustainable," Cardin said, News.az reports.
Cardin expressed hope for a stable and prosperous Azerbaijan, while also applauding the country for siding with the U.S. in the UN Security Council vote on supporting Ukraine's territorial integrity.
Cardin has been the junior U.S. senator from Maryland since 2007. He began his career in the Maryland House of Delegates where he became one of the youngest Speakers of the House in the state's history.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies