The World Bank's board of executive directors approved a $25 million loan on Tuesday for the Second Development Policy Operation (DPO-2) for the Kyrgyz Republic.
This is the second of two budget support projects that work to improve public sector governance and enhance the business environment from 2012-2014.
The DPO-2 will help increase the accountability and transparency of public resource use through anti-corruption plans, improving the internal auditing system, reforming public procurement and through increasing the transparency of public energy companies.
The program will also improve business inspection systems, banking supervision and create a more effective judiciary and deposit protection framework.
"The World Bank's budget support accompanies Government reforms set out in the 2013-17National Sustainable Development Strategy," Alexander Kremer, the World Bank country manager in the Kyrgyz Republic, said. "For example, the Government has submitted to the Parliament a new Public Procurement Law that introduces good international practices in public procurement. Another accomplishment is the establishment of a new credit registry that aims to enhance the ability of the National Bank to effectively supervise the financial sector. The Bank also welcomes the submission to the Parliament of the program aimed at increasing the financial independence of the judicial sector."
The World Bank aims to reduce poverty, promote economic growth and shared prosperity in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia