The World Bank's board of executive directors approved a $25 million loan on Tuesday for the Second Development Policy Operation (DPO-2) for the Kyrgyz Republic.
This is the second of two budget support projects that work to improve public sector governance and enhance the business environment from 2012-2014.
The DPO-2 will help increase the accountability and transparency of public resource use through anti-corruption plans, improving the internal auditing system, reforming public procurement and through increasing the transparency of public energy companies.
The program will also improve business inspection systems, banking supervision and create a more effective judiciary and deposit protection framework.
"The World Bank's budget support accompanies Government reforms set out in the 2013-17National Sustainable Development Strategy," Alexander Kremer, the World Bank country manager in the Kyrgyz Republic, said. "For example, the Government has submitted to the Parliament a new Public Procurement Law that introduces good international practices in public procurement. Another accomplishment is the establishment of a new credit registry that aims to enhance the ability of the National Bank to effectively supervise the financial sector. The Bank also welcomes the submission to the Parliament of the program aimed at increasing the financial independence of the judicial sector."
The World Bank aims to reduce poverty, promote economic growth and shared prosperity in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar