The EU Twinning project "Strengthening the Capacity of the Department of Tourism in the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan" is nearing completion.
According to the ministry, the total value of the contract, which began on Feb. 15, 2013, was $1.219 million, ABC.az reports.
"The final extended date of the project implemented under support of the Austrian Federal Procurement Agency (FPA) and Lithuanian State Department of Tourism is June 27," a ministry spokesman said, according to ABC.az.
The project made several improvements to the management of tourism in Azerbaijan, including the organizational structure and capacity of the Department of Tourism, analysis of the training needs of department personnel, recommendations for updating the regulatory framework, statistical reporting and marketing strategy, and elaboration of a comprehensive self-regulatory model.
As a result of the proposal and recommendations, the Tourism Marketing Strategy 2014-2016 has been officially adopted, minimum standards for accommodation have been approved and the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau has been established.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar