Belarus and China plan to set up a joint venture fund that may be based at the Chinese-Belarusian Industrial Park.
Chairman of the State Science and Technology Committee Alexander Shumlin and Chinese Ambassador to Belarus Cui Qiming have discussed the venture fund as well as other ways to step up scientific, technical and innovative cooperation.
"Every year, three to five world-level innovations are developed in Belarus. The creation of the joint venture fund will allow financing Belarusian-Chinese venture and innovation projects that envisage the establishment of high-tech manufacturing," Shumilin said
Shumilin said that there is an intergovernmental agreement as well as a memorandum between the State Science and Technology Committee of Belarus and the Science and Technology Ministry of China and agreements with the Chinese provinces of Henan, Shandong, Jilin and Guangdong.
Qiming said that mutually beneficial cooperation in science, technology and innovation efforts was an important factor for fostering friendly relations between the two countries.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar