Uzbek President Islam Karimov hosted an international conference on the country's food program over the weekend, where participants visited production facilities in the capital of Tashkent, as well as other areas around the Tashkent and Samarkand regions.
Conferees spoke with officials and locals about the country's efforts to re-process and produce food and provisions, boost agricultural production, upgrade the appearance of villages and improve the well-being of the population, UzA reports.
"Uzbekistan is a country where all sectors of the economy have been advancing consistently," Michael Edelstein, the director of the U.S.-based Institute for Environmental Studies, said, according to UzA. "Every time I visit this country I get impressed by new accomplishments made in all the spheres. The provision of the population with quality food products is one of the pressing challenges in the contemporary world. In this respect, the international conference being held in Tashkent plays an important role."
Foreign investment in Uzbekistan's food industry has also been steadily growing, according to UzA, with several overseas companies taking part in joint partnerships and other projects.
"The eminence of Uzbekistan in the world has been growing," Ignacio Fernandez de Mesa, the president of the Association of Farmers and chairman of the Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Spain's Cordoba province, said, UzA reports. "This is manifest in the recognition by the international community, notably by the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, the Asian Development Bank and other major financial institutions, of the colossal successes being achieved in this country as a result of step-by-step realization of market reforms. Business meetings, introduction travels to enterprises offer the conference participants an opportunity to have an imagination of the economic potential of this country."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar