The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) congratulated Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko on his election in a statement released on Monday.
"We see this moment as a historical chance for Ukraine to fully integrate into Europe, the Western world and into the international community with its democratic values and private business culture," Morgan Williams, the president of the USUBC, said. "We also see a unique chance for one man to go down in the history of his country as a president who stood with his people during their battle to overthrow a totally corrupt, criminal government and will help lead them to a new day."
Williams is the director of government relations in the Washington office of SigmaBleyzer.
"This opportunity is the result of remarkable courage and great suffering of millions of Ukrainians, over many years, to forge a free, independent and democratic future for their homeland," Williams said. "President Poroshenko will face array of challenges as Ukraine's new president, but he has the strong support of his people and a strong endorsement from the international community. U.S. President Obama declared publicly the support of the U.S.to Petro Poroshenko in building an independent sovereign European state."
Williams said all governments that support Ukraine need to urge their elected officials and the international financial community to extend large scale emergency financing for private business development in Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar