The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) hosted the Ukraine Financial Forum, a meeting of government officials, commercial banks, international financial institutions and other stakeholders in Kiev last week to address moving ahead with critical reforms in the financial sector.
Members of the private and public sectors examined the so-called Vienna Initiative approach that was taken to help protect the financial stability of emerging economies in Europe during the Great Recession, the European Investment Bank (EIB) said.
In addition to the EIB, international financial institutions participating in the talks included the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the World Bank Group and the European Commission.
"By bringing together all the relevant stakeholders around one table, we have identified the key challenges in this sector as well as possible solutions to address them," NBU Governor Stepan Kubiv said after the meeting, according to the IEB. "The combination of views from both the public and private sectors helped identify a coordinated path to push reforms forward."
Participants reportedly discussed progress with reforms in the context of the IMF-backed program, focusing on bank restructuring, recapitalization, non-performing loans and banking supervision.
The next meeting of the forum is scheduled to take place in the fall.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business