The International Monetary Fund (IMF) executive board concluded the 2014 Article IV consultation on Monday with the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan has seen favorable economic developments recently, with the stabilization of oil output and strong non-oil growth in 2013. The country saw inflation remain at a low 2.4 percent average, and high oil prices and limited turbulence in the regional market further strengthened the economy.
The budget that was approved for 2014 would further consolidate the non-oil primary deficit.
The Central Bank of Azerbaijan (CBA) lowered its refinancing rate at the end of April by 50 basis points. The CBA also rightened consumer loan conditions and reduced its direct lending to the real economy.
Possible risks this year could be related to a drop in global oil prices; however, the negative effects of this could be buffered by large sovereign foreign assets. Overall, the executive board assessed that the government's recent achievements have put the country on track toward becoming a dynamic emerging market.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business