Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), met with representatives from the World Bank last Thursday to discuss enhancing cooperation through the funding of projects that would help ensure a smooth functioning financial sector and also mitigate risk in the banking system.
Kubiv met with Frank Heemskerk, the executive director of the Dutch constituency of the World Bank Group, and Roman Zhukovskyi, the alternate executive director of the World Bank.
"In recent weeks, the National Bank of Ukraine, in cooperation with the government and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, with assistance from the experts of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund, have made good progress in many areas, including in the legislative sphere," Kubiv said, adding, however, that cooperation would help the country reform its banking system.
Kubiv said the committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine recently tabled the discussion of a draft law that would forestall the adverse impact on banking sector stability. The draft law, which was created with experts from the World Bank Group, would amend certain laws in Ukraine to help protect the banking sector.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank "Became a Santa" for the Children of Artsvashen
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Information on the work of the bank from December 31, 2019 to January 8, 2020
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank: New Year eager to donate to charity
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Increases Support to Agribusiness in Ukraine
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Eurasian Development Bank has collected applications for the issue of short-term bonds in rubles in the amount of 3 billion rubles
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, XacBank Sign Private Sector Loan to Support MSMEs in Mongolia