Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), met with representatives from the World Bank last Thursday to discuss enhancing cooperation through the funding of projects that would help ensure a smooth functioning financial sector and also mitigate risk in the banking system.
Kubiv met with Frank Heemskerk, the executive director of the Dutch constituency of the World Bank Group, and Roman Zhukovskyi, the alternate executive director of the World Bank.
"In recent weeks, the National Bank of Ukraine, in cooperation with the government and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, with assistance from the experts of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund, have made good progress in many areas, including in the legislative sphere," Kubiv said, adding, however, that cooperation would help the country reform its banking system.
Kubiv said the committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine recently tabled the discussion of a draft law that would forestall the adverse impact on banking sector stability. The draft law, which was created with experts from the World Bank Group, would amend certain laws in Ukraine to help protect the banking sector.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia