A new international sea trade port in Azerbaijan's Alat district will be fully commissioned by the end of 2015, according to Musa Panahov, the country's deputy minister of transport.
Panahov said the port, which will cost the government more than $1.1 billion, will begin operations in August, AzerNews reports.
Operations from the existing Baku international sea port will be transferred to the new one in Alat by the end of 2015.
The Complex Construction Directorate is currently constructing the new port in the Garadagh district under the direction of the Transport Ministry, according to AzerNews.
The three-part construction process began in November 2010 with the first phase involving the construction of two ferries and three cargo berths for receiving containers and conventional bulk carriers. The second phase will include the construction of three additional cargo berths. Two more cargo berths will be constructed in the third phase.
The port will have a capability of handling 10 million tons of cargo in the first stage, which will then increase to 17 million tons and 25 million tons in the second and third phases, respectively, AzerNews reports.
The territory of the port will include a logistics center and a free economic zone.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar