Ukraine announced on Tuesday that it would be seceding from the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The announcement was made by Andriy Parubiy, the chairman of the country's Council of National Security and Defense, ABC.az reports.
Ukraine is one of the founding members of the CIS, though it has not ratified its charter for membership since 1991, meaning Ukraine is considered a participating member and not a full member of the CIS.
"We decided to prepare a plan for holding joint exercises of Ukrainian army and allies-guarantors of Ukrainian security," Parubiy said, according to ABC.az. "Appropriate appeal to the countries-guarantors has already been prepared."
Ukraine is expected to sign an agreement with the European Union in June. Full membership to the EU, however, could be hampered by territorial conflict in Ukraine, including the loss of Crimea to Russia.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"