Ukraine announced on Tuesday that it would be seceding from the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The announcement was made by Andriy Parubiy, the chairman of the country's Council of National Security and Defense, ABC.az reports.
Ukraine is one of the founding members of the CIS, though it has not ratified its charter for membership since 1991, meaning Ukraine is considered a participating member and not a full member of the CIS.
"We decided to prepare a plan for holding joint exercises of Ukrainian army and allies-guarantors of Ukrainian security," Parubiy said, according to ABC.az. "Appropriate appeal to the countries-guarantors has already been prepared."
Ukraine is expected to sign an agreement with the European Union in June. Full membership to the EU, however, could be hampered by territorial conflict in Ukraine, including the loss of Crimea to Russia.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank "Became a Santa" for the Children of Artsvashen
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Information on the work of the bank from December 31, 2019 to January 8, 2020
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank: New Year eager to donate to charity
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Increases Support to Agribusiness in Ukraine
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Eurasian Development Bank has collected applications for the issue of short-term bonds in rubles in the amount of 3 billion rubles
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, XacBank Sign Private Sector Loan to Support MSMEs in Mongolia