Russia's Chelyabinsk region offered Belarusian businessmen the chance to participate in a project to set up a technopark on Wednesday at the opening of a Russia-Belarus business forum.
The event was hosted by the Minsk Office of the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, BelTA reports.
"We are going to set up the technopark to bring together businessmen from different areas of activity, and we invite Belarusian enterprises to take part in the project and assemble the products which can be sold not only in Russia but also to China," Boris Bardin, the head of the industry department at the Ministry of Industry and Minerals of Chelyabinsk, said, according to BelTA. "We need to strengthen the interaction in the metallurgical industry, bother ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, and in mechanical engineering. We should develop cooperation ties."
In the first quarter, trade between Belarus and the Chelyabinsk region amounted to approximately $66 million, down approximately 40 percent from the same period in 2013. Belarusian exports reached approximately $32 million, down 24.4 percent, while imports from Chelyabinsk totaled $34.3 million, down approximately 36 percent. Belarus had a $ 2.6 million trade deficit with the Chelyabinsk region.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar