Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev met with a delegation from the Council of Europe to discuss areas of cooperation on Wednesday.
The delegation was led by Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjørn Jagland. It also included Mirel Pauls, the secretary of the council's committee of ministers; Bjorn Berge, the director of the private office of the secretary general; and Verena Taylor, the director of the directorate general of programs at the council, among others, News.AZ reports.
The delegates expressed satisfaction with the success of previous cooperative attempts. The partnership has resulted in the development of the non-oil sector and has created improvements in the business and investments environment.
Azerbaijan has been participating in international projects and taking a leadership role in the region's activities, according to Aliyev, who added that the country plays an important role in European energy security, according to News.AZ.
Jagland said he foresees continued development of Azerbaijan's role in the European energy system as an energy producer and transit country.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"