Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev met with a delegation from the Council of Europe to discuss areas of cooperation on Wednesday.
The delegation was led by Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjørn Jagland. It also included Mirel Pauls, the secretary of the council's committee of ministers; Bjorn Berge, the director of the private office of the secretary general; and Verena Taylor, the director of the directorate general of programs at the council, among others, News.AZ reports.
The delegates expressed satisfaction with the success of previous cooperative attempts. The partnership has resulted in the development of the non-oil sector and has created improvements in the business and investments environment.
Azerbaijan has been participating in international projects and taking a leadership role in the region's activities, according to Aliyev, who added that the country plays an important role in European energy security, according to News.AZ.
Jagland said he foresees continued development of Azerbaijan's role in the European energy system as an energy producer and transit country.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar