The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (ITC) held a presentation on Tuesday that highlighted Azerbaijan's fast-developing markets.
The United States-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) and AZPROMO were both in attendance for the presentation, which focused on business opportunities in the non-energy industry, including technology and communications, industry, agriculture, renewable energy and tourism.
The Ronald Reagan Building and ITC hosts business and trade events to inform the American audience of opportunities such as those in Azerbaijan, according to Andrew Gelfuso, the director of office and trade promotions for the organization.
Aaron Brickman, the deputy executive director for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's SelectUSA foreign direct investment program, also spoke at the event. Brickman said SelectUSA had interest in working closely with USACC and AZPROMO in order to develop closer business ties between the two countries. Mark A. Stuckart, of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, spoke on Azerbaijan's importance as a U.S. ally and as an energy partner for Europe. OPIC helps finance U.S. businesses so they can gain access to emerging markets.
Representatives from the USACC and AZPROMO also spoke at the event, which was followed by a Q&A session.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar