The Armenian cabinet approved the government's new policy program on Monday at an extraordinary session chaired by Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan.
"The government states that its primary target is the citizen and the guarantees to ensure their freedom, safety and well-being," Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Territorial Administration Armen Gevorgyan said. "The government shall facilitate the citizens' creative work in their homeland for their own future's sake. Homeland is to be a safe haven for any Armenian to fully realize the skills, knowledge and experience gained in different parts of the world. This may be achieved through an environment conducive to equal opportunities and fair competition. The Government shall ensure that the rules of the game are the same for everyone, and that Armenia's economy is open to both domestic and foreign investors."
He said that the program was formulated after Abrahamyan met with various non-government organizations and associations.
"Account was taken of the fact that we are facing time constraints as for program implementation, challenges associated with the global economic trends and specific developments in our region," the deputy prime minister said.
He noted that the government is set to ensure five percent medium-term growth comparable to developed nations, gradually increase the minimum wage, and oversee a 10 percent reduction in poverty in 2014-2017.
In closing the meeting, Abrahamyan said the program takes into account views expressed by all political parties represented in the National Assembly, ministries and government agencies.
The program will now be submitted to the National Assembly in accordance with Armenian law.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar