The European Investment Bank (EIB) said on Monday that it is lending approximately $75 million to finance a new twin-track railway tunnel on the Eastern Partnership regional network in Ukraine to improve transportation between the country and European Union countries.
The Eastern Partnership transport network was endorsed last year by the transport ministers of EU member states, Eastern Partnership countries and the European Commission.
"The EIB is sending a strong message by providing a loan to Ukraine that will finance the upgrading of interconnections along a crucial transport corridor that is of the utmost importance for the further deepening of the integration between Ukraine and the European Union," EIB Vice President Laszló Baranyay said. "At the same time, this is the first EIB loan supporting the railway sector in Ukraine, so contributing to the development of an environmentally friendly mode of transport. This project is in line with the intention of the EIB announced earlier this year to provide lending in Ukraine amounting to some $4.1 in the coming three years to support the development of Ukraine and its economy and foster deeper integration with the EU."
The new tunnel will be located in the Carpathian Mountains at Beskyd in southwest Ukraine. It will replace the existing single-track tunnel--the only single track section on the corridor between Lviv and the Hungarian and Slovak borders. It is expected to add significant transport capacity to the international raid corridor, which has been plagued by bottlenecks.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business