The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) signed a memorandum of cooperation with Belarusian Railways last week that focuses on the upgrade of Belarus' railway infrastructure and rolling stock, and facilitates mutual trade in railway services between the EDB member states.
The memorandum gives EDB the ability to receive an open exchange of information on the company's railway activities. It also calls for mutual consultations on the development of Belarusian Railways' financial investment activities, BelTA reports.
"The cooperation between the EDB and Belarusian Railways has great prospects and will help fulfill the transport potential of Belarus and expand the foreign trade," the EDB press center said, according to BelTA.
Belarusian Railways provides Belarus with nearly 70 percent of all its cargo traffic and 40 percent of its passenger traffic.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"