Two industrial fairs--the Complex for Agriculture and Water Resources and Reprocessing of Agricultural Produce and Consumer Goods, along with the Complex for Information Systems and Telecommunications--recently opened at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
In the first quarter of the year, industrial production in Uzbekistan grew approximately nine percent, while the production of consumer goods increased by approximately 13 percent. The share of consumer goods in the aggregate volume of industrial production grew from approximately 30 percent in the first quarter of 2013 to more than 34 percent in the same period this year, UzA reports.
Industrial growth is a direct result of broad efforts in modernization, re-equipment of production lines, the establishment and expansion of partnerships and the stimulation of demand for domestic goods.
Participants in the fairs include 160 enterprises comprising the Uzpakhtasanoat Association, the Association of Food Industry Enterprises of Uzbekistan, the Uzbekyengilsanoat state stock company, the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources Management, the Uzagromashservis Association, the Uzdonmahsulot stock company, and the State Committee for Communications, Information and Telecommunication Technologies, according to UzA.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays