Two industrial fairs--the Complex for Agriculture and Water Resources and Reprocessing of Agricultural Produce and Consumer Goods, along with the Complex for Information Systems and Telecommunications--recently opened at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
In the first quarter of the year, industrial production in Uzbekistan grew approximately nine percent, while the production of consumer goods increased by approximately 13 percent. The share of consumer goods in the aggregate volume of industrial production grew from approximately 30 percent in the first quarter of 2013 to more than 34 percent in the same period this year, UzA reports.
Industrial growth is a direct result of broad efforts in modernization, re-equipment of production lines, the establishment and expansion of partnerships and the stimulation of demand for domestic goods.
Participants in the fairs include 160 enterprises comprising the Uzpakhtasanoat Association, the Association of Food Industry Enterprises of Uzbekistan, the Uzbekyengilsanoat state stock company, the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources Management, the Uzagromashservis Association, the Uzdonmahsulot stock company, and the State Committee for Communications, Information and Telecommunication Technologies, according to UzA.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar