The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) recently announced that a roundtable on the role of renewable energy in Ukraine will be held in Kiev on Tuesday from 3-5:30 p.m at the conference offices of SigmaBleyzer.
The USUBC is sponsoring roundtable with the EU Ukraine Business Council (EUUBC), the European-Ukrainian Energy Agency, the Bleyzer Foundation and the Center for the World Economics and International Relations of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The United Nations has warned that the impact of global warming is likely to be "severe, pervasive and irreversible" and lead to a higher risk of flooding, changes to cropyields and the availability of water, USUBC said.
For a substantial agriculture producer like Ukraine, the risks may have a serious impact on production volume and the ability to generate wealth. Ukraine is under pressure to diversify energy sources in order to become increasingly energy independent, but investment in renewable energy production can be expensive.
Energy experts, business leaders, IFI representatives, government representatives, civil society leaders, representatives of non-government organizations and other interested parties are invited to discuss the integration of renewables into a sustainable energy strategy for Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar