Yerevan, Armenia, is among the seven most popular destinations in the CIS for Russian citizens traveling outside their country for May holidays, according to the Oktogo.ru online hotel booking service.
The top seven CIS countries in the Oktogo.ru ranking were Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Moldova, Arka News Agency reports.
The top ten cities in the CIS were Minsk, Tashkent, Almaty, Baku, Kyiv, Yerevan, Kishneu, Astana, Bishkek and Lviv.
"The number of Russians traveling to CIS countries tripled in this year's May holidays compared with the previous year," Olga Favarizova, the head of Oktogo.ru's operational service, said, adding that Russian tourists travel to CIS cities for an average of three days and pay approximately $112 per day for hotel accommodations, according to Arka News Agency.
Russian tourists traveled to Yerevan for three and half days, on average, and paid about $200 per day for accommodations.
Kazakhstan's southern capital of Almaty hosted Russian tourists for the longest period of time--five days, on average. Russian visitors paid about $115 per day for accommodation, Arka News Agency reports.
The Oktogo.ru hotel reservation service is part of Travel.ru, which also includes the Travel.ru tourist portal.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar