The World Bank said on Monday that it is committed to improving governance and fighting corruption in Ukraine--issues that have been a key part of its policy dialogue with the Ukrainian government.
The World Bank expressed its support for a new anti-corruption initiative in Ukraine to improve the country's business climate and stimulate economic growth, and a memorandum of understanding was signed between the World Bank, the Ukrainian government, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the Ukrainian business community.
"The WBG is very pleased to support the initiative," Qimiao Fan, the World Bank's Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova country director, said. "Concerted and sustained efforts to improve governance and fight corruption are critical to restore people's trust in the state, improve service delivery, and revive growth in Ukraine. The World Bank will continue to support the people of Ukraine in this important work."
Rufat Alimardanov, the International Finance Corporation's regional head for Ukraine and Belarus, said transparency is key to a competitive private sector.
"Through our advisory work we will continue to help Ukraine streamline its regulations, eliminate barriers to investment, and increase transparency," Alimardanov said.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business