Governor of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan Elman Rustamov recently received a delegation from the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum, led by its president, Borbala Czako.
Rustamov provided in-depth information on economic growth in Azerbaijan, development of the financial and banking system, and the country's future growth priorities. He said the military, political and socioeconomic chaos of the post-Soviet era has been overcome.
From independence through 2003, Rustamov said, the country made significant changes on the road to a market economy. It also implemented banking reforms that have given rise to a stable and sustainable financial-banking system.
Since 2003, the banking sector has significantly developed and the country has seen strong economic development and growth, he said, pointing to the country's ability to weather the global financial crisis.
Moving forward, Rustamov said, the concept of "Azerbaijan - 2020: Look into the Future," approved by President Ilham Aliyev, will determine long-term national development, which aims for double economic growth over the next decade.
The key idea of the new strategy is to join the club of high-income nations and provide the highest living standards for the population, he said.
Rustamov also spoke about bilateral economic relations between Azerbaijan and Hungary and expressed his deep confidence in their future development.
Czako provided details about the Forum's activities and said he was looking forward to closer cooperation with Azerbaijan.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar