Governor of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan Elman Rustamov recently received a delegation from the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum, led by its president, Borbala Czako.
Rustamov provided in-depth information on economic growth in Azerbaijan, development of the financial and banking system, and the country's future growth priorities. He said the military, political and socioeconomic chaos of the post-Soviet era has been overcome.
From independence through 2003, Rustamov said, the country made significant changes on the road to a market economy. It also implemented banking reforms that have given rise to a stable and sustainable financial-banking system.
Since 2003, the banking sector has significantly developed and the country has seen strong economic development and growth, he said, pointing to the country's ability to weather the global financial crisis.
Moving forward, Rustamov said, the concept of "Azerbaijan - 2020: Look into the Future," approved by President Ilham Aliyev, will determine long-term national development, which aims for double economic growth over the next decade.
The key idea of the new strategy is to join the club of high-income nations and provide the highest living standards for the population, he said.
Rustamov also spoke about bilateral economic relations between Azerbaijan and Hungary and expressed his deep confidence in their future development.
Czako provided details about the Forum's activities and said he was looking forward to closer cooperation with Azerbaijan.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays