The World Bank Group recently proposed a new partnership strategy for Georgia which will be implemented through 2017 to reduce poverty and to promote collaboration and coordination among development partners in the country.
The strategy involves cooperation with government officials, civil society organizations, development partners and other stakeholders.
The program will work to offer more inclusion for citizens through the better use of public resources and through the growth of income opportunities. It will also require a strong and sustainable macroeconomic framework, improved gender equality and improved infrastructure and services.
Additionally, governance will need to be strengthened at the local and central levels, according to the World Bank Group.
The new strategy is the result of collaboration with civic representatives, businesses, donor partners and government officials in various areas.
The World Bank Group has been working with Georgia since 1992. It currently has seven active investments in the country totaling $540 million.
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation