Azerbaijan became the chairman of the Council of Europe's committee of ministers last week during the council's 124th session in Vienna.
The session included discussion on Ukraine and the Council of Europe's policy on neighboring regions, according to Today.az.
The council also discussed the European Convention on Human Rights and cooperation with the EU. The session was chaired by Sebastian Kurz, the minister of foreign affairs of Austria and the chairman of the Committee of Ministers.
Thorbjorn Jagland, the secretary general of the EU, also spoke at the meeting. He reported on Europe's current rule of law, its state of democracy and human rights, Today.az reports.
The session ended with the chairmanship being handed over to Elmar Mammadyarov, the minister of foreign affairs for Azerbaijan, who said that "Azerbaijan will be privileged to take the lead at the Committee of Ministers over the next six months."
"During the whole period of our chairmanship, we will spare no efforts to further advance the objectives the Council of Europe has been pursuing since its inception," Mammadyarov said, according to Today.az.
The chairmanship officially begins on May 14. In November, the position will be handed over to Belgium.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies