The third annual Belarusian-Lithuanian Regional Cooperation Forum will open in Grodno, Belarus, later this month.
Participants will include delegations from regions of Lithuania including the cities of Alytus, Visaginas, Birstonas, Druskininkai and Marijampole, as well as the cities of Alytus and Kaisiadorys districts, BelTA reports.
The Belarusian side will be represented by delegations from the Grodno, Ostrovets, Oshmiany, Ivie districts and the cities of Grodno and Lida.
Because the event will be held within the framework of the Year of Hospitality declared in Belarus, the main focus will be the cooperation between the two countries in the field of tourism, according to BelTA.
In addition, the participants will discuss the Belarus-Lithuania cooperation in trade and investment.
The forum, which will be held on May 29, will be coordinated by the Grodno region and city authorities, the administration of the Grodnoinvest Free Economic Zone, the Grodno Office of the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry the Belarusian Embassy in Lithuania, the municipalities participating in the forum, the Association of Local Authorities of Lithuania, and the Lithuanian Embassy in Belarus, BelTA reports.
The regions and cities of the two countries have already signed nearly 70 agreements on cooperation in trade, economics and humanitarian issues.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar