The 47th annual board meeting for the Asian Development Bank was held earlier this week in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev and ADB president Takehiko Nakao presided over the opening ceremony under the slogan "The Silk Road: Connecting Asia with a Changing World."
Participants spoke about the ADB's activities and the importance of resolving social issues to achieve sustainable economic development. Discussions were held on forecasts for economic development in Asia-Pacific, new economic challenges and regional cooperation.
The heads of the delegations of 67 member states also exchanged their opinions on the ADB's future activities. The meeting brought together delegations of non-regional shareholder countries as well, including the U.S., Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Turkey.
Yerbolat Dosayev, the Kazakh minister of economy and budget planning, and the ADB's board chairman, announced the next meeting will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies