Turkmenistan is modernizing its electronic payment system in order to help optimize banking, strengthen the Turkmenistan manat, increase lending and deposit volume and to broaden the range of services.
The country is working to introduce MasterCard payment systems, including MasterCard Maestro, MasterCard Standard, MasterCard Business and MasterCard Gold.
An increase in cashless payments in Turkmenistan could help increase financial resource flows of economic entities. It will also give Turkmen banks the ability to grant low interest loans and, in general, allow citizens to more easily make purchases at sales outlets.
The country will begin with the issue of MasterCard Maestro cards, which will feature an image of the Ahalteke horse, which represents the pride of the Turkmen people.
MasterCard Standard cards will feature the emblem of the fifth Asian Indoor Games and Martial Arts, which will take place in Ashgabat in 2017.
MasterCard Business cards will feature in image of a globe, and MasterCard Gold cards will be emblazoned with an image of the Karakum desert.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar