Turkmenistan is modernizing its electronic payment system in order to help optimize banking, strengthen the Turkmenistan manat, increase lending and deposit volume and to broaden the range of services.
The country is working to introduce MasterCard payment systems, including MasterCard Maestro, MasterCard Standard, MasterCard Business and MasterCard Gold.
An increase in cashless payments in Turkmenistan could help increase financial resource flows of economic entities. It will also give Turkmen banks the ability to grant low interest loans and, in general, allow citizens to more easily make purchases at sales outlets.
The country will begin with the issue of MasterCard Maestro cards, which will feature an image of the Ahalteke horse, which represents the pride of the Turkmen people.
MasterCard Standard cards will feature the emblem of the fifth Asian Indoor Games and Martial Arts, which will take place in Ashgabat in 2017.
MasterCard Business cards will feature in image of a globe, and MasterCard Gold cards will be emblazoned with an image of the Karakum desert.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso